Thursday, September 29, 2016

Nikki Y - Miss You When I'm Drunk

22-year-old Canadian singer/songwriter Nikki Y (Yanofski), who in the past has worked with the likes of Herbie Hancock, Elton John, Feist, Will.i.am, and Quincy Jones, has just shared her new, jazz-inspired pop gem entitled "Miss You When I'm Drunk", which also serves as the second single following "Young Love" to be taken from her upcoming Wyclef-produced Solid Gold EP, due for release on October 28th via A440 Entertainment. Eloquent and soulful, the track transforms experience in love and heartbreak into unforgettable melodies.

Nikki speaks intimately about her inspirations for the new single, reflecting on a very personal (and very relatable) lovelife experience ."My boyfriend and I broke up for about two weeks, two years into our relationship." Nikki says. "Needless to say, those two weeks sucked. I'd tell myself I was fine during the day, but then I'd sleep in his T-shirts and with the teddy bear he got me at night."

Listen to both "Miss You When I'm Drunk" below.



Premiere via Nylon Magazine.

https://www.facebook.com/officialnikkiy

No comments:

Post a Comment