Thursday, December 15, 2016

Corina Seas - Aphrodite

It's hard to believe that it has been a little over year since we last shared new music from Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Corina Seas, who first came to our attention with her song "Crystal Cove", one of the many standout tracks off her 2015 debut EP, Flux. However, today she's back with the visuals for her R&B-infused pop ballad, "Aphrodite". Directed by Polaris Castillo, the video has scenes of Corina going on long walks on the beach, soaking her feet in the swimming pool, taking a ride on the carousel and snacking on a snow cone, all of which will no doubt leave you longing for the summer.

"This song came about from a freestyle with some friends in my living room. I started zoning out and reflecting on how much easier it is to live out your dream when you just flow with it. That’s where the idea of 'easing your mind' comes from," Corina says.

"I spend a lot of time struggling to find my place as an artist, and struggling to even believe that I have the potential to turn this into a lasting career, so the song was a cathartic release for me. After that idea came through, I started building the lyrics around the light you get from being inspired. It sounds like a love song, but I’m actually trying to tell myself to love myself more and to believe in my own unique abilities. All of the melodies were inherently formed in that freestyle so I just had to come up with the words to fill the spirit of where the vibe came from. I also want to point out how much this song reminds me of Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. If you know me, you know i’m super random, but melodically, the introduction guitar piece really takes me to that movie. Since the song is about accessing my own muse, I love connecting it with 'Pure Imagination.' I think it all came together subconsciously before I even realized."

Watch the video for "Aphrodite" below.



Download "Aphrodite" for free by joining Corina Seas' mailing list here.

https://www.facebook.com/corinaseasmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment