Thursday, March 2, 2017

Maddie Ross - You're Still My Sugar

Following last year's release of her Making Out Is Easy EP, which featured 3 infectious tunes, including the song "Baby Doll" that ended up earning a well-deserved spot on our Best Songs of 2016 list, 24-years-old Los Angeles-based artist Maddie Ross now returns today to further showcase her songwriting prowess by unveiling her first new offering of the year called "You're Still My Sugar", an absolutely irresistible and hook-filled alt-rock gem which sounds like a cross between Liz Phair and Dashboard Confessional.

Co-written and produced by Wolfy, the track ends with a little shoutout to Maddie's longtime girlfriend, "My girlfriend and I met when we were 17, and that has been my lucky number my whole life!" says Ross. "It was fun to do an ode to that in the outro of this song, where I sing 'Oh I have loved you at every in between, yes we owe it all to my lucky 17.'"

About the song, Ross explains:

"I used to wonder how I would write songs once I was happy and in love, but it turns out the angst inside of me lives on. This is about feeling like everyone around you is fake and braindead, except for that one person who makes your heart skip and keeps you in bed all day kissing."

Listen to "You're Still My Sugar" below.



Premiere via The 405.

https://www.facebook.com/raddiemoss

No comments:

Post a Comment