Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Dominique - Me & U

Following her self-titled debut EP, released late last year, New York City-based electo-pop artist Dominique now returns today her absolutely stunning and ethereal rendition of Cassie's 2006 R&B classic, "Me & U", which was produced by Dominique herself with additional production courtesy of longtime collaborator ZeniF.

Speaking on the track, Dominique says:

"A couple months ago someone commented on the YouTube upload of my song 'If I Could Go Back' saying that he hadn't heard such a 'crisp and effervescent-sounding song' since Cassie released 'Me &U'. I had been looking for the perfect song to cover, and the second I read that comment I knew I had to give 'Me & U' a try. I made the production a bit more ethereal and full, but kept the vocals as the focal point as Cassie did in her original. 'Me & U' was one of my favorite songs during the summer of 2006, and I hope that when people hear my cover, they'll feel the same nostalgia I felt while making my version."

Listen to "Me & U" below.



"Me & U" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/D0MINIQUEMUSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment