Thursday, October 5, 2017

Sara Diamond - Stay A Little

Following previously released pop gems, "Back to You" and "Unsure", 22-year-old Montreal-based singer/songwriter Sara Diamond returns with her new single called "Stay A Little". Once again collaborating with Noah Barer and Austin Tecks, who co-wrote and produced the track, "Stay A Little" further showcases Sara's breathtaking and emotive vocals over an R&B-infused electronic soundscape that is sure to entrance listeners from the very first note.

Speaking on the track, Sara explains:

"'Stay A Little' came about at around 5:00 am right after a breakup. Something in me told me to start writing, so I took out my notepad. The bulk of the writing came from that. It was probably one of the fastest, and more honest songs from our writing sessions. Really cathartic. Even recording it brought me back to the way I felt the night that I wrote it. 'Stay A Little' is about knowing the relationship is over for both of you, but hanging on out of fear, comfort, and not wanting to hurt the other person. Communication is key, and I have a hard time with it. So for a while I stayed, hoping I could rationalize my way out of what I was feeling. I told myself that I didn't want to hurt him so I tried to make it work, but in reality, it probably hurt even more because I stayed even when my heart wasn't in it. And, it was also the fear of being alone, not knowing if I'd ever know love like that again."

Listen to "Stay a Little" below.



Premiere via Clash.

https://www.facebook.com/iamsaradiamond

No comments:

Post a Comment