Wednesday, March 28, 2018

NINA - NINA (EP)

Chicago-born, Australian-raised and now currently based in Boston, where she is enrolled as a full-time student at Berklee College of Music (while also juggling between 3 different jobs), 21-year-old singer/songwriter Nina Baumer, aka NINA (not to be confused with the synth pop artist with the same name) has today released her self-titled debut EP, a stunning 4-song collection of tracks ranging from electonic pop to soul and R&B.

Speaking on the release, NINA says:

"I'm not very good at confrontation, so I started to use music as a way to say what I had a hard time saying out loud and to express how I felt, but use my songs as the shields. Writing songs allows me to become someone else for 3 minutes or mirror others' experiences to my own and just lay all the cards on the table. This EP became my outlet to not only discover more about myself as an artist and person but realize the characteristics of the people I was surrounding myself with."

As for being a student, working, and being a musician, she goes on to explain:

"Being a full-time student, working three jobs and chasing my artist career can often be grueling. It means late nights, juggling school projects during work hours, and splitting time between my creative and practical thoughts during shifts or on the way to a gig. I definitely do not stop at a 40 hour workweek and sometimes push myself too hard, but I really enjoy the hustle. It makes me focused and determined to use every bit of time to my advantage. Most of the sessions for this EP were recorded from 12am - 4am and as horrible as that sounds, I just kept thinking, 'The people in here could be sleeping, but they’re in the studio supporting and believing in your project, so give it everything!' That's the mentality I will live by until I get to where I want to be."

Stream NINA's debut EP in full below.



Purchase a copy of NINA's EP on iTunes or Amazon.

https://www.facebook.com/nina.baumer

No comments:

Post a Comment