Thursday, March 29, 2018

Alaena - It's Not Me It's You

Los Angeles-based (via Pittsburgh) singer/songwriter and former keyboardist of death metal band, Winds of Plague, Alaena (aka, Alana Potocnik) continues to build on her self-coined pop-grunge sound by today unveiled her fierce new single called "It's Not Me It's You", the follow-up to her previously released singles; "Wasteland", "Black Magic", and "Venomous", and the latest track to be lifted from her upcoming debut solo EP, due out next month. Embodying the same free-spirited badassery of her '90s predecessors (Courtney Love, Britney Spears, No Doubt), Alaena embracing her inner pop diva whilst finding solace in being the odd girl out.

Speaking on the track, Alaena says:

"This was a very organic single, probably one of my most organic songs written to date. My producer and I knew we wanted to write something fun and carefree but at the time I was going through the nonsense and was in a bad relationship. “It’s Not Me It’s You” stemmed from what I was experiencing with the break-up, giving it that hardcore, anti-bullshit feel. I just didn’t give a f*ck anymore and let everything go with this single. I hope my fans and listeners feel my energy, and enjoy the song"

Listen to "It's Not Me It's You" below.



"It's Not Me It's You" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/sheisalaena

No comments:

Post a Comment