Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Dominique - Payup

New York City-based singer/songwriter and producer Dominique has today (which also happens to be her birthday) released her new single called "Payup", the follow-up to "Receipts" and the third single to be taken from her upcoming sophomore EP, due out in early 2019. Co-written with frequent collaborator MDA and self-produced by Dominique, "Payup" is a R&B-infused dark pop track that juxtaposes airy falsettos with talk-singing hooks and gang vocals. The lyrical content describes an intervention-like conversation, where Dominique demands compensation for years of unreciprocated effort she's put into a relationship and "emotional labor" she's performed for a lover.

Speaking of the track, Dominique says

"I wrote 'Payup' about being trapped in a relationship where I felt like I was giving everything and getting nothing in return. In the song, I reach my breaking point, and demand payment for my time and energy. I wrote this song after the relationship had ended, and it portrays the confidence and self-respect that I wish I'd had, and the words I wish I would've said."

Along with her own music project, Dominique is working as a producer and songwriter on multiple projects for other artists, and is actively working to create a more connected and symbiotic music community in NYC. Her song "Worship", which will also be included in her upcoming EP, was recently featured in the behind the scenes video of Rimmel's #IWILLNOTBEDELETED campaign with Rita Ora and Cara Delevingne. Click here to watch.

Listen to "Payup" below.



Follow Dominique on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

"Payup" is available now on all digital platforms. Get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment