Friday, October 11, 2019

Girl Wilde - Probably Crying (EP)

Los Angeles-based alt-pop songstress Alex Barnes, aka Girl Wilde has today released her long-awaited debut EP titled Probably Crying. The five-song collection includes the EP's previously released title track, "I Don't Wanna Die" and "WeT", as well as two brand new angst-fueled bubblegum grunge gems, "BATSHiT" and "Killing Time".

The EP captures the good, the bad, and the ugly of the human experience. Through her lyrics, Girl Wilde approaches the oft-taboo topics of depression, anxiety, ad sexuality with a radiant confidence. Her musicality is equally as rebellious, blurring genre boundaries with bombastic punk-inspired riffs, electro-pop melodies, and 90s indie-rock nostalgia. The Probably Crying EP sees Girl Wilde emerging through a therapeutic journey of self-discovery, which she explains in the following statement: "For many years I felt like my voice had been stifled and I can proudly say that this EP is my first step towards freedom. I am excited to finally speak my truth and unapologetically be myself."

Girl Wilde will be celebrating the EP release with a free show on October 14th at Harvard & Stone in Los Angeles. The show will kick off at 8pm and will include guest performances from Girl Wilde, gnash, and Mia Mora.

Stream Girl Wilde's Probably Crying EP in full below.



Probably Crying is available now on all streaming platforms. Get it here.
Photo Credit: Rosabelle Eales

Follow Girl Wilde on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment