Friday, September 28, 2018

Cara Hammond - Try To Love You

Originally from North Wales but now based in London, 21-year-old singer/songwriter Cara Hammond has today released her brand new single called "Try To Love You", which also serves as the second single following "How I Feel" to be taken from her forthcoming EP titled Nice Girl, to be released independently later this fall. A classic indie-pop groove flourished with retro vibes, "Try To Love You" proves that Cara's signature angelic and raw tones can suit a wide range of musical styles from acoustic to upbeat tracks.

Speaking on the track, Cara says:

"This bitter sweet track is about those relationships we know aren't working but try are best to keep them together anyway. I wrote the lyrics following a conversation with a close friend of mine, who knew it wasn't good for them but kept on trying to love them. I came up with the chorus melody for 'Try To Love You' in the kitchen. I was scatting it really loud whilst making a cup of tea and decided to record it on my phone. I then took my melody travelling around South East Asia, along with my boyfriend, and unfortunately lost my phone in Singapore. I was so upset because I'd lost all my voice memos too, which included tonnes of ideas, lyrics and melodies for songs I'd recorded whilst travelling. However, my boyfriend went through all the melodies and lyrics he remembered and we re-recorded them into his phone. 'Try To Love You' was one of them because he said it was too catchy to forget."

Listen to "Try To Love You" below.



"Try To Love You" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/carahammondmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment