Friday, September 28, 2018

CAT - Strawberry Milkshake

Originally from Chicago but now based in Los Angeles, 22-year-old art pop artist and self-proclaimed "New Wave junkie "Catherine Lev, aka CAT arrives back on the scene today and ready to pounce (pun intended) with the release of her latest offering called "Strawberry Milkshake", the follow-up to her debut single "NOAH" that was released earlier this year. "Strawberry Milkshake" is about freeing yourself from a relationship or any situation that makes you feel any less than your self worth. In her own words, CAT states simply and explicitly: "I don't need a man who doesn't understand Iim the coolest girl I know."
Influenced by pop culture and style, CAT uses elements of classic pop and rock while her songs are expressive and playful with lyrics that romanticize everyday life.

Going into further detail how the song came to be, CAT explains:

"'Strawberry Milkshake' started as a song I wrote on my keyboard. I always had the concept for it to be an 80's pop song. I am really lucky to have Alex Flagstad as my producer who helped bring Strawberry Milkshake to life in all of it's Top Gun glory. It would be nothing without him. "

Listen to "Strawberry Milkshake" below.




"Strawberry Milkshake" is available now on Bandcamp.

https://www.facebook.com/thegreatcaatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment