Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Noé - Color

Paris-born, Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Noé is back today to present us with her latest offering called "Color", which also serves as the third single following "Puzzles" and "Pity Party" to be taken from her upcoming debut EP, ibynoé, due out later this Spring. On "Color", Noé reveals some real-life struggles while transforming those struggle into a tool for self-empowerment. Working in collaboration with producer Matt Parad (Tinashe, Bea Miller, Kacy Hill), "Color" is a moody slow burner with real-life storytelling, built from simple instrumentation and stripped back to put Noé's soft and dreamy vocal work on full display.

Speaking on the track, Noé says:

"In 'Color', I move away from the self-deprecating approach to lyrics. Like too many, I struggle with depression and anxiety. Here's me getting real and calling out depression for the abusive relationship that it is, but also coming to terms with the fact that it's a part of me and will never truly go away. Admitting that and not writing a delusional 'I got rid of depression' victory song truly empowered me. And even today, when I hit the lows, listening to/performing 'Color' empowers me. I just hope that when needed, it can help someone else feel a little empowered too."

Noé has also shared the single's accompanying music video, which was shot and directed by Juliette Labrousse and her team back home in France. The video takes the content and turns emotions into life. Noé elegantly shares, "I love how Juliette managed to portray different aspects of depression through multiple beautiful but intriguing visuals. Big fan of everything and anything out of the ordinary. And as for the storyline behind the wig character and main character, I'd rather leave it open to interpretation for now!"

Listen to and watch the video for "Color" below.




"Color" is available now on all digital platforms. Get it here.

Follow Noé on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment