Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Xenia - Window Pain

Following the 2011 release of her debut EP, Sing You Home, which peaked at #2 on the iTunes Pop charts and #10 on the iTunes overall charts, 20-year-old Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter (and former contestant on Season 1 of NBC's hit television show, The Voice, in which she became the youngest finalist making it into the final 8 spot) Xenia Edith Martinez, better known mononymously as Xenia has just unveiled her gorgeous new single entitled "Window Pain". Produced by Jon Mclaughlin, "Window Pain" serves as the first single taken from her forthcoming EP, Artemisa, which is titled after her grandmother and scheduled for a spring release.

From an excerpt found on her blog, Xenia writes:
"I wrote 'Window Pain' about a year and a half ago when I was going through a difficult time. A lot of people think that being on a television show means instant success and fame. They think that everything is going to be wonderful and perfect and glamorous. Well… I am so sorry to break it to you… but it’s quite the opposite. I was 16 years old when I came off of ‘The Voice’ and that’s exactly what I thought too. I thought that I had made it! That it was going to be easy now and it was going to be awesome and magical. My dreams had come true! And sadly it’s also what they told me but, unfortunately, I quickly learned that it actually wasn’t true and I still had A LOT of work to do! HA! It was an emotional roller coaster. I was rejected, stepped on, left, ignored, and hurt. My heart was broken and the circumstances I was in pushed me to believe that there was no point in trying anymore. So I began to rebel and, let me tell you, I was definitely not being the person that my parents had raised. I soon found myself in a very dark place and battling depression. There was nothing I could do but write song, after song, after song and 'Window Pain' was one of them."
Listen to "Window Pain" below.



"Window Pain" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialXeniaMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment