Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fieu - Running

Fresh off her recent performance at this year's Caloundra Music Festival, Brisbane-based indie pop artist Fieu (pronounced Fee-yu) returns with her new single called "Running", which was co-written and produced by Joel Quartermain (Meg Mac).

Having dominating the triple j Unearthed charts in 2014 with her single "Put It On The Line" off her debut EP, Fieu has since gained airplay across triple j, 4ZZZ, ABC and more. She's also been recognized for her writing as a finalist in the 2014 International Songwriting Contest as well as played shows across Australia with her band including as support for artists such as Woodlock, Left, AYLA, Caitlin Park, and Hannah Rosa.

Fieu says:

"I feel I've really begun to fit into my style. I'm drawn to experimenting with sounds and stories. I just create what comes to me subliminally, often when I try to imagine different situations, sometimes from my own perspective and sometimes from the perspectives of others. '’ve grown particularly fond of toying with the juxtaposition of deep lyrical content with light-hearted pop synthesizers. There are no rules here and that's what I love most about being a songwriter."

Listen to "Running" below.



To celebrate the release of "Running", Fieu has also announced an east coast tour including a showcase at this year’s Australian Music Week in Sydney. Click here for more info.

"Running" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/fieumusic

No comments:

Post a Comment