Friday, May 6, 2016

Astrid S - Hurts So Good

19-year-old Norwegian singer/songwriter Astrid Smeplass, better known as Astrid S has today unveiled her new single along with its accompanying music video (directed by acclaimed screenwriter and director Andreas Öhman) for "Hurts So Good", which serves as the second single following "Paper Thin" to be lifted from her forthcoming 5-song, self-titled debut EP, due out on May 20th via Island Records.

Speaking on the track, Astrid says:

"I'm very excited to finally release this single from my debut EP. It shows another side of me, I think. It's more like a ballad, and the range in it is a little different than what I usually sing. I really like the song very much, and I hope you do too!"

As for the video, she goes on to explain:

"It was a very cool experience to do this music video. I went to Stockholm for two days, and we filmed it by a beautiful summer house outside of the city, as well as in a studio. It felt so uncomfortable doing the scenes with the actor which depict the aspects of a complicated relationship reflected in the song’s lyrics. But after seeing the final result it was so worth it. I'm very happy with the video, and I think it suits both the song and me."

Watch the video for "Hurts So Good" below.




"Hurts So Good" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Noisey.

https://www.facebook.com/AstridSOfficial

No comments:

Post a Comment