Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Anteros - The Beat

Having released their first single as a fully formed band only three short months ago, Anteros have quickly established a fervent fan base of music lovers and critics alike and achieved unheralded success, being chosen as one of Annie Mac's New Names for 2016 and invited to open the prestigious Other Stage at Glastonbury this summer. Now the London-based indie pop quartet return with their new single, "The Beat" along with the announcement of their forthcoming EP, Breakfast, due out September 19th via Kissability.

On "The Beat", Anteros display an electrifying indie-disco showdown between two star-crossed lovers. Scintillating and sultry, lead vocalist Laura Hayden channels the poise and certainty of the empowered frontwomen who have paved the way for her, wryly purring, "my sweet and sour lover, am I the game you're gonna play?". Led by a vigorous bassline into a hook so immediate Debbie Harry may well wish she'd thought of it first, "The Beat" displays the versatility of a band with no concern for expectations.

Speaking on the track, Hayden says:

"I was dumped via text by a guy because I was 'too busy'. He sent it as I was on my way to the studio, so I switched my phone off and wrote down all the things I wanted to tell him. I guess that makes it a breakup song?"

Listen to "The Beat" and watch the video for "Breakfast" below.





Pre-order Anteros' Breakfast EP on iTunes.

Premiere via NOTION Magazine.

https://www.facebook.com/anterosofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment