Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tkay Maidza (feat. Killer Mike) - Carry On

Having recently been nominated for Best International Act at the 2016 BET Awards as well as lending her vocals to Martin Solveig's chart-climbing single "Do It Right", 20-year-old, Zimbabwe-born, Australia-based singer/rapper Tkay Maidza has today announced her highly-anticipated debut album titled TKAY, which will be released worldwide on October 28 via Downtown / Interscope Records. Along with the announcement, Tkay has also shared the album's vibrant first single called "Carry On", featuring none other than cultural and political icon and one half of Run The Jewels - Killer Mike.

Speaking on the track, Tkay says:

"The song is about people trying to stop my stride but I guess what I'm trying to say is I have bigger issues that only matter to me as a youngin at this point in my career and Killer Mike is reinforcing that. I've loved Run the Jewels for ages as they were the first act I saw at my favourite touring festival Laneway Festival. It was super inspiring to see them. We had the idea of having him on a song and reached out to his team, they were totally down. It turned out to be 'Carry On' :)

It was really cool that Mike listened to what I was saying in my verse as his verse is a conversation to mine... to him I must sound like I need guidance, and what he said was really reassuring and relevant for me. I think it's super important to have support from someone who has so much knowledge and experience in life and music... He is the first person who is a respected and loved rapper to have said they approve of what I do so having him on the song is super special.
"

Listen to "Carry On" below.




Tkay will soon be returning to the USA to tour with Australian producer and collaborator, What So Not. See dates below.

9/16 -- Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda Theatre
9/17 -- Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda Theatre
9/19 -- San Diego, CA - The Observatory North Park
9/20 -- San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom
9/21 -- Eugene, OR - WOW Hall
9/22 -- Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo
9/23 -- Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom

Pre-order TKAY on iTunes now and get "Carry On" instantly.

https://www.facebook.com/TkayMaidzaMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment