Friday, October 21, 2016

TRISHES - Animal

Los Angeles-based indie pop artist Patricia Hosein, aka TRISHES has today unveiled her new song called "Animal", which was produced by Haqq and also serves as the first single off of her upcoming debut album, The Id, due out later this year. Much like TRISHES' previously single, "Day Jobs", produced by Grammy nominated producer, First Born, "Animal" speaks to TRISHES' motivation to politically and socially motivate the masses.

Speaking on the track, TRISHES says:

"The first half of my twenties was a war between two parts of myself that lead to depression and anxiety. Freud calls them 'the ID' (the primal self) and the 'super ego' (the spiritual self). I created TRISHES as a way for me to understand and express this duality, and 'Animal' was the first step in that process. I wrote it almost entirely in my head as I wandered through museums in Washington D.C., struck by the faded artifacts secured in sleek glass casings - a symbol of our primitive existence trapped in a city that represents our modern ideology. I felt an uncomfortable kinship to the ancient relics and it helped me understand my own turmoil. We are both spirit and animal and the human struggle is a navigation between the two."

A self-proclaimed songwriter at heart, TRISHES has been writing and performing songs since she was a child growing up in Trinidad. After moving to the U.S., TRISHES honed her craft at the prestigious Berklee College of Music, where she graduated with a degree in songwriting and music business. Since then, she has been touring the U.S. and abroad playing showcases at SXSW, NAMM, and Canadian Music Week as well as opening for acts like Neon Hitch and K.Flay.

Listen to "Animal" below.



https://www.facebook.com/trishesmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment