Monday, October 24, 2016

Vanessa Elisha - Friendly Skies (Missy Elliott Cover)

Leading up to the release of her long-awaited debut EP, It's a Day and Night Thing due out in November, Australian R&B songstress Vanessa Elisha is treating her fans to a sneak peek by sharing a perfectly executed and worthy rendition of Missy Elliott's "Friendly Skies", one of the many standout cuts from her 1997 album, Supa Dupa Fly.

Speaking on the track, Vanessa says:

"I really wanted to pay homage to Missy Elliott’s early work and how it has inspired my sound. I was playing around with a beat one day and I started to sing 'Friendly Skies' and it all just came about so naturally, I wasn’t sure I'd even put it out at the time, but I completely switched up the beat and fell in love with the rework, so I had to share it."

Vanessa Elisha's collaborations have firmly put her on the map as an artist to watch. Her single "Unknown" with Floridian producer XXYYXX destroyed the internet, becoming a #1 Billboard Real-Time single and was sampled by Tory Lanez for the lead single of his album. Additionally, "Out of Time" (also with XXYYXX) and "I Won't Lie" with Los Angeles' Falcons and Vancouver's Ekali garnered coverage from major outlets like Hypebeast and Spin and sit with millions of streams online and counting. Vanessa is certainly one to watch, as she consistently delivers powerful singles, never wavering on her commitment to carving out her own place in the modern R&B world.

Listen to "Friendly Skies" below.



"Friendly Skies" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Mass Appeal.

https://www.facebook.com/vanessaelishamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment