Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Whissell - Old Souls, Young Bodies

Nashville based alt-pop artist Lauren Whistle, aka Whissell has just shared her sultry new single called "Old Souls, Young Bodies", which also serves as the title track and the second single following "Pain Of Love" to be lifted from her debut EP, due out on January 27th. Partnering with songwriters Nate Campany (Carly Rae Jepsen, Tove Lo) and Dan Nigro (Sky Ferreira, Twin Shadow), Whissell blends the bleeding edge of pop production with old school flair. "Old Souls, Young Bodies" seems to demonstrate a particular level of individuality only further reinforced by the record's strong themes of self-empowerment and independence.

"I have this weird connection to the past," Whissell says. "Some of my favorite stories growing up were about how my grandparents met and courted in the 40's. Love in that era seemed so genuine and special. I always felt out of place in this modern romance scene. I didn’t want to swipe left - or right for that matter."

"I'm unapologetically authentic, but that's a recent development. I'm a girl who had fears, doubts, and insecurities, and I almost let all of that get the best of me. I've been singing and writing lyrics since before I can remember, but I put all of that on hold to try and follow a more 'logical' career path for myself. I was always made to feel like music was a dream I should be letting go of as an adult. When I decided to make this record, I was inspired my own desire to become a strong, confident woman. Now, I'm finally at a place in my life where I know exactly what I want. I'm taking risks and fighting for this vision that I've created. I've let go of that fear of failure some of us live with and I’m finally going for it. This album is a celebration of who I am, and my hope is that it inspires other people to follow suit."

Listen to "Old Souls, Young Bodies" below.



Premiere via Billboard.

https://www.facebook.com/Whissellmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment