Friday, February 17, 2017

ARY - Childhood Dreams

23-year-old Trondheim-raised and now Oslo based singer and multi-instrumentalist Ariadne Loinsworth, aka Ary has today unveiled her new single called "Childhood Dreams". Produced by Coucheron and mixed by Magnus Åserud Skylstad, "Childhood Dreams" is a song that stands as an impressive and exciting step forward for Ari and could undoubtedly help her break through to international audiences. The song itself sparks to life with a blast of driving electronic thuds, with Ary’s jazz-inflected hums swirling around the percussion. "I work alone - is this all I’ll ever know?" she repeats, suggesting a hint of isolation in her recent writing process. Based on the strength of "Childhood Dreams", she's doing everything right and perhaps solitude was the best way for Ary to realise her own potential.

Speaking on the track Ary says:

"The song represents the balance between love, safety and ambition. How I remembered looking back to my childhood dreams, and comparing my expectations to my reality. 'Childhood Dreams' was written at a time in my life when everything was very new to me. I had just signed with my record label and started working through my demos. At the time I realised how much work I would have to do - to make my dreams become my reality. After the song was finished I listened to it and heard the story of how I used to feel. I was experimenting with a lot of sounds and expressions at the time, and without knowing it, I had described my state of mind. I heard myself let go of former connections and take a deep dive into my career and realising what it takes to reach my full potential. I found it terrifying to do my best, in case that wasn’t good enough. I still do."

Listen to "Childhood Dreams" below.



"Childhood Dreams" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/arypeggio

No comments:

Post a Comment