Friday, April 7, 2017

FINLAY - Tides

Houston-raised, Los Angeles-based artist Paige Finlay, aka FINLAY (pronounced 'fin-lee') is quickly becoming one of 2017's most promising newcomers, having recently been selected by NPR's in their annual Top 100 Artists To Watch at SXSW list. Now following her debut single, "Always There", released late last year, FINLAY returns with her sophomore offering entitled "Tides". A wildly vibrant and undeniably infectious electronic pop track, the single enchants listeners with its beautifully haunting vocals laid atop energizing synth-based backbeats full of dynamism.

Speaking on the track, FINLAY says:

"'TIDES' began in our small apartment studio (I like to call it “Washer/Dryer Studios”…because that’s literally where our washer & dryer’s supposed to go.) My husband and lead producer, Chris, created the backline beat, and shortly after falling in love with the hook, I locked myself in my closet behind all my clothes and didn’t come out until I finished the lyrics. I’ve dreamt of island waters and vibrant coastlines my whole life, and TIDES serves as a sort of fresh and anthemic summer pop beat, giving the overall message that the most important relationships in life are the ones worth fighting for."

Listen to "Tides" below and stay tuned for more new music from FINLAY in the coming months. Watch this space!



"Tides" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/finlaymusic

No comments:

Post a Comment