Thursday, May 4, 2017

RUTH - Off My Mind

Following last year's release of her previous single, "Queen Of The Con", Irish singer/songwriter Ruth Cronin, better known mononymously as simply RUTH, returns today with her latest masterpiece called "Off My Mind", a brooding and sophisticated electronic pop gem which was produced by Michael Heffernan and mastered by Steffen Müller.

"The intro of the song is a phone recording of a beach near where I'm from in Kerry called Rossbeigh", RUTH says. "The sound is actually placed in numerous parts of the song in the background as an extra texture. I recorded it the last time I was home, that's when the idea of the song started to arrange itself in my head. The protagonist of the song sings of a far away land beyond the horizon, a haven free of the burdens carried by one's mind. I wanted to replicate the different textures of the ocean in the song, with washy pre-chorus' and disjointed chorus."

Listen to "Off My Mind" below.



Premiere via Nialler9.

https://www.facebook.com/RUTHofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment