Thursday, October 12, 2017

BAER - River

Los Angeles-based multi-cultural urban pop artist Sabrina Chang, aka BAER, has today unveiled the stunning visuals for her sensual new single, "River", which was directed and edited by Drew Kirsch (AFI, blackbear and Quinn XCII) and serves as the second single following "What Does It Matter" to be taken from her upcoming sophomore EP, The Pink Formosa, due out in November.

Speaking on the track, BAER says:

"This song paints a visual picture of the upcoming EP, The Pink Formosa. The lyrics use 'the river' as a metaphor to describe a meeting place between an ex-lover and I, which also refers to somewhere on my body… you get the idea [wink wink]. Using the concept of the water and the river, I took imagery from the famous Chinese poet, Li Bai, from his poem about sending off an old friend at the river. I also took inspiration from an ancient Chinese folklore and tried to create a fantastical imagery in the bridge of the song."

As for the video, BAER goes on to explain:

"I worked closely with video director Drew Kirsch to bring this to the audience visually, and our video captures styles of East and West. The music video of 'River' gives my fans a glimpse of the aesthetic that I hope to create with The Pink Formosa."

Watch the video for "River" below.



https://www.facebook.com/baermusicofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment