Friday, January 26, 2018

Elohim - F*ck Your Money

Following last year's release of her synth-pop banger, "The Wave", which was undoubtedly one of the best songs of 2017, Los Angeles-based artist and producer Elohim returns today with her anthemic new single called "F*ck Your Money", which serves as a fresh precursor to her forthcoming debut album slated to drop later this year via BMG.

Speaking on the inspiration behind the track, Elohim says:

"I grew up with very little money. my parents put all of their focus on our well being; learning the joy of music, feeding us organic food, and living a life full of LOVE. We didn't have the fancy cars, the nice houses or expensive possessions. When my mom could feel my sadness as I discovered we were 'different' from other families, she'd remind me, 'we are rich with love.' I didn't fully grasp the incredible importance of those words until recently. Love has become my main focus in life and i now know how priceless it truly is."

As fro the writing process, Elohim continues:

"A couple of months ago i drove past my childhood home and started singing 'I got love fuck your money' out loud and it all came to me. I began to form the verses, chorus and instrumental melodies in the car. I got home, showered and couldn't stop singing it. I jumped out in the middle of my shower to make a voice note still covered in soap. When I finished my shower I drove straight to the studio to produce and finish the song. when your music and lyrics are coming from a deep genuine place they pour out of you like a faucet you canit stop. This is F*ck Your Money."

Listen to "F*ck Your Money" below.




"F*ck Your Money" also kicks off an action-packed 2018 highlighted by a Spring U.S. headline tour slated to kick off March 8th, as well as a string of major festival dates including Coachella, Bonnaroo, Electric Forest, and Buku Music + Art Project. See full dates below.

March 8 // Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
March 9 // Nashville, TN @ Exit/In
March 10 // New Orleans, LA @ Buku Music + Art Project
March 22 // Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Soundstage
March 23 // Philadelphia, PA @ Coda
March 24 // Brooklyn, NY @ Rough Trade
March 28 // Montreal, QC @ Petit Campus
March 29 // Toronto, ON @ Velvet Underground
March 30 // Grand Rapids, MI @ The Intersection
April 4 // Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile
April 5 // Sun Peaks, BC @ Snowbombing
April 7 // San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
April 13-15 // Indio, CA @ Coachella
April 20-22 // Indio, CA @ Coachella
June 7-10 // Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo
June 21-24 // Rothbury, MI @ Electric Forest
June 28 // Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks
June 28 - Jul 1 // Rothbury, MI @ Electric Forest

Click here for tickets and more info.

"F*ck Your Money" is available now on all digital platforms. Get it here.

https://www.facebook.com/elohimonline

No comments:

Post a Comment