Friday, January 18, 2019

LOVA - My Name Isn't

20-year-old Swedish pop artist Lova Alvilde, aka LOVA has today released her witty and anthemic new single called "My Name Isn't", her first piece of new music since last year's release of her debut EP, Scripted Reality, which garnered over 8 million streams and included memorable pop gems such as "Insecurities" and "You Me and The Silence". On "My Name Isn't", LOVA wants her "music to reach a lot of people." She goes on to say, "I feel like I have a responsibility with my music to touch on things that are happening now."

That sentiment of empowering the next generation of female creators is exactly what inspired LOVA's new single. "My Name Isn't" is a powerful reminder to any man that may see her as a prize to be won, that LOVA is in control of her own life and done with being seen as nothing more than an object in theirs. "It is nothing new that us women are tired. Tired of living in the background of men, tired of having to raise our voice to be heard, tired of feeling afraid late at night, tired of always adjusting for men who cannot keep their hands and mouth under control." And LOVA’s really not holding back now, her lyrics cutting deeper as her sound continues to flourish.

"My Name Isn't" will be featured on LOVA's upcoming sophomore EP, due out later this year via Republic Records.

Listen to "My Name Isn't" below.




"My Name Isn't" is available now on iTunes.

Follow LOVA on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment