Thursday, June 27, 2019

TRACE - Make Me Laugh

Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter TRACE has been on our radar for quite some time and now following her previous single "All My Friends", released last month, she returns today with her latest offering called "Make Me Laugh", a well-crafted R&B-infused electronic pop gem that further cements her position as one to watch in 2019. "Make Me Laugh" also serves as the latest single off her upcoming sophomore EP, due out this fall via Ultra Music.

Speaking on the track, TRACE says:

"'Make Me Laugh' is an extension from 'All My Friends' in that intimacy is continually highlighted and questioned. When I wrote this song I actually came off the heels of a bummer of a date. It's not very nice, but it's the truth: there was no humor present in our conversation. To me, to laugh is to feel alive. To feel connected through a high that ties you to the person in front of you. To laugh with someone is to feel close to someone. I also think, when you’re able to really find something funny, you're showing a side of yourself that might be hard to define in words and so it's only through sound that real emotion can be shared. I find it to be interesting that people say it’s 'the best medicine' - it totally heals you, laughter... 'You make me laugh, but it's not funny' is definitely a bit smart alec-y but it's also a secret nervousness and blatant disappointment. I'm in disbelief I’m at this place again and I don't want another minute spent of my life, without truly laughing. Humor breeds the kind of joy I want to feel when I'm in the room with someone. Humor in ways, seals intimacy."

Listen to "Make Me Laugh" below.




"Make Me Laugh" is available now on all digital platforms. Get it here.

Premiere via Under the Radar.

Follow TRACE on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment