Wednesday, August 28, 2019

GRAE - Woman's World

Following her previous singles "New Girl" and "Your Hands", Toronto-based singer/songwriter GRAE returns today with her new single called "Woman's World". Produced by KYAN, "Woman's World" is an empowering anthem that was born out of disgust and despair, and is a middle finger response to all catcallers who feel they can demoralize and objectify women.

Speaking on the track, GRAE explains:

"'Woman's World' was written from a place of disappointment and anger after a night out with my best friend. After having experienced my first real encounter with street harassment. It's infuriating that women continue to get harassed, yelled at, even grabbed and touched by men in public places. What's even more upsetting is how often it happens and how it's almost deemed as this regular thing that we need to just 'deal with' as women. It's a topic that upsets me and one that needs to be talked about more. I have many friends who have experienced sexual harassment, and I myself have too. After having heard stories from many who are close to me, and then having experienced it myself, it was clear that I needed to say something. 'Woman's World' is for the women who have experienced these disgusting acts. It's a song of empowerment and one that I really hope brings us closer and opens more doors to these types of conversations."

Listen to "Woman's World" below.




"Woman's World" is available now on all streaming platforms. Get it here.

Premiere via Clash.
Photo Credit: Lizzie O’Donnell

Follow GRAE on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment