Friday, September 20, 2019

Emma Jensen - Better

Norwegian singer/songwriter and producer Emma Jensen has today released her brand new single entitled "Better", the follow-up to last year's "Make You Mine" and breakout hit "Closer", which so far has garnered over 9.5 million streams on Spotify. With dreamy and melodic synths interspersed with R&B, electronic beats, "Better" explodes in to an irresistible pop chorus. The single is also the first taste of Emma's upcoming debut EP, set for release next year, and sees the 23-year-old collaborating with female Stockholm duo Mad Fun.

Speaking about the new single, Emma says:

"For me, the theme of 'Better' is to remove the part of you that keeps blocking you. A few years ago, the idea of showing people my songs would be terrifying, almost absurd. I still have issues to deal with, but I'm learning not to be my own worst enemy."

Emma's admiration for 80's pop music is a big part of the sound, while the lyrics are personal. For years she chose to keep to herself, afraid of taking the next step to getting music out. Her growing reclusiveness gave her time to learn how to produce songs via YouTube videos and writing lyrics about her feelings. Creating music turned into precious therapy, especially when she finally started releasing music and performing it on stage.

"I wasn't expecting anything and I didn't think anyone would listen to it. So when things suddenly started happening I was overwhelmed," says Emma. "It was really exciting and fun, but at some point I felt the need to take some time to just write new music, figure out who I wanted to work with, and what direction I wanted to go and how I wanted to sound. It’s been a very interesting year and I've learned so much about myself. It’s been a lot of ups and downs. It’s been really good to just take the time that I needed, at the same time hard to not stress about getting back with new music. But I'm very glad I did take this year to be in the studio. I'm super excited about releasing music again, and I hope everyone loves the music as much as I do!"

Listen to "Better" below.



"Better" is available now on all streaming platforms. Get it here.

Follow Emma Jensen on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment