Friday, September 20, 2019

Hanne Leland - The Nights I Can't Sleep

Norwegian pop artist Hanne Leland has today released her most personal offering to date called "The Nights I Can't Sleep". In the track, Hanne addresses her battle with insomnia and anxiety, as well as the unsettling, yet familiar feeling that she should be "further ahead in life". The song was written by Hanne herself and co-produced by Ellie Goulding's go-to producer, Jim Eliot, who gave the emotional track an upbeat and organic indie-pop production.

Speaking on the song, Hanne says:

"I wrote this song on my own in my little home studio set-up, and I was convinced that I would never show it to anyone as it just felt too close. However, after some rethinking, I decided that I wanted to release it as there’s a lot of people who are dealing with mental health issues these days, and I think it’s important that we talk about it and dare to be vulnerable and open. This is my story, and if it can help anyone feel a little less alone, I'd say it’s totally worth it."

Hanne regularly finds herself in studios across the UK, Sweden and Los Angeles working with some of music's biggest producers, and her songs have been streamed millions of times on Spotify. In the recent year, she been featured in renowned magazines and blogs such as Clash, The Line Of Best Fit and Galore. Hanne will be releasing a series of new singles in the coming months leading up to the release of her new EP, due out in early 2020.

Listen to "The Nights I Can't Sleep" below.




"The Nights I Can't Sleep" is available now on all streaming platforms. Get it here.

Follow Hanne Leland on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment