Thursday, November 21, 2019

Baby Taylah - Reclaim

Hailing from Glasgow, Scotland, emerging singer/songwriter Baby Taylah has just recently shared the stunning visuals for her debut single "Reclaim". With edgy beats and deep, chant-like vocals, Baby Taylah's compelling pop juggles a mix of influences, realizing her vision of being true to her Celtic roots while exploring futuristic production. The new video, directed by Stuart Alexander, channels ancient British history with scenes of battle and bloodshed. Exploring the history of Boudica, a warrior who had the nerve to build a rebellion and take son the Roman Empire. A story that is a fitting analogy for the constant battles that a woman in 2019 has to face.

Speaking about the concept behind the video, Taylah tells us it "portrays the story of a young woman who avenges her family after their murder. I liked the idea of being a lone assassin in a difficult situation, which is the premise of ‘Reclaim’, however in a different context – that context being in the music industry."

"Reclaim" is an anthem for sad and uncertain times, about feeling completely out of control and not wanting to fall victim to your circumstances. It mirrors her experiences within the chaotic confines of the music industry. Speaking about the track, Baby Taylah adds:

"I wrote 'Reclaim' at a time when I felt very out of control and trapped. I had a conversation with my sister in which I said that I wasn't prepared to become a victim of my personal circumstance, and this inspired the lyrics behind ‘Reclaim’. I loved the idea of being the ruler of your own life, and anyone who tries to dethrone you will have hell to pay. I really wanted some strong brass in the chorus to make it sound aggressive. I think it was the right track to release first because it really explains the way I felt coming back to music again."

Watch the video for "Reclaim" below.




"Reclaim" is available now on all streaming platforms. Get it here.

Follow Baby Taylah on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment