Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Oyinda - Never Enough

Raised in London and currently based in New York City, 24-year-old Nigerian singer/songwriter and producer Oyinda has just unveiled the black and white visuals for her latest single "Never Enough", which she directed herself and will appear on her forthcoming EP, Restless Minds, due out in June via her own imprint, Blood & Honey Records. The single was co-produced with Wahono and mixed by Henry Laufer (aka Shlohmo).

Speaking on the track in an interview with i-D (who also premiered the video), Oyinda says:

"'Never Enough' is about reaping the benefits of self-validation, but it unfolds in a much darker scenario. In reality, I wrote it after I had just booked my first show, which was Lollapalooza. I was freaking out because I literally only had three songs so I had to get writing, and I of course was extremely excited for such an incredible opportunity. The song was built around the chorus, which I wrote to pump myself up. It's nothing but wishful thinking really."

Watch the video for "Never Enough" below.




"Never Enough" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/oyinda

No comments:

Post a Comment