Friday, June 3, 2016

Betty Who - I Love You Always Forever

Following on from the release of her 2014 debut album, Take Me When You Go, 24-year-old Australian-born popstress Jessica Anne Newham, better known as Betty Who returns today with her brilliant take on Donna Lewis' 1996 hit single, "I Love You Always Forever", which she has shared as a treat to all her fans who’ve been eagerly waiting for her to release some new music. The track was produced by her longtime collaborator and fellow Berklee College of Music student Peter Thomas.

"It's one of those songs that you don’t know, and when you hear it you go, 'Ah I know this song,'" Betty Who explains. "I think those are the best ones to cover because it still feels fresh and it still feels new but there’s such a deep familiarity about it that you can’t get. Nothing feels better than, like, 'Kiss Me' by Sixpence None the Richer coming on and being like, 'Oh my God, I f**king love this song.' ['I Love You Always Forever'} is my 'Kiss Me,' although 'Kiss Me' is also my 'Kiss Me.'"

Listen to "I Love You Always Forever" below and stay tuned for more new from Betty Who as she is currently working on her sophomore album.



"I Love You Always Forever" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via SPIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment