Thursday, June 16, 2016

Bishat - Mine

Emerging Swedish newcomer Bishat has today unveiled her second original single called "Mine". The track serves as the follow-up to her debut single, "Sober", which she self-released earlier this year and has so far accumulated over 400,000 Spotify streams. In late 2015, Bishat made her breakthrough with "Some Things", a mashup of Daniel Johnston's "Some Things Last A Long Time", The Weeknd's "Often" and Lykke Li's "No Rest For The Wicked". Skipping PR representation and instead mailing out the track out herself, Bishat soon racked up over 30,000 plays and garnered extensive blog support.

On "Mine", Bishat explores that confessional struggle to retain a sense of self within a relationship, the sparing co-production of "Mine" from Tamokillme allows Bishat’s honeyed, multi-tracked vocal to weave through a lazy groove. Though the track addresses that personal conflict, in wider terms "Mine" finds Bishat with a harder-won sense of identity as an artist

Speaking about the track, Bishat says:

"It's about a relationship where the fears of repeating your mistakes are causing those same issues. I can be so bad at having those tough conversations about feelings - in the end it kills you if you don't, but it's so much easier for me to write about it. People used to try and box me into an R&B or Soul category, and it used to mess with my head. I felt this huge expectation that my voice should match my looks, and it just didn't. I didn't have this big, soulful voice. so it took me a while to understand and accept that although I love soul music, I don't sound like that. And that's fine."

Listen to "Mine" and watch her perform an acoustic version of "Sober" below.




"Mine" will be released worldwide on June 17th. Pre-order on iTunes.

Premiere via Clash.

https://www.facebook.com/iambishat

No comments:

Post a Comment