Friday, July 29, 2016

Fickle Friends - Cry Baby

Brighton-based five-piece outfit Fickle Friends have just recently shared their bouncy and 80's-inspired indie-pop gem called "Cry Baby", which was recorded in Los Angeles earlier this year with award-winning producer Mike Crossey (Foals, The 1975) and was inspired by John Waters' 1990 cult film of the same name.

Speaking on the track, frontwoman Natti Shiner says:

"I watched the John Waters film on New Year's Day with someone I'd just started hanging out with and the title 'Cry Baby' definitely triggered something in me. As quite a cynical person I’m often very quick to question both my own and other people's capacity to feel... emotion... anything and that's what 'Cry Baby' is about really. That and the fact I found it quite odd to miss someone I'd only just met."

Listen to "Cry Baby" below.



"Cry Baby" is out now via Polydor/B3SCI Records available to purchase on iTunes. You can also pre-order the single on limited edition pink vinyl (300 copies), which includes a remix of the track by London's HONNE as the B-side.

Premiere via Stereogum.

https://www.facebook.com/FickleFriends

No comments:

Post a Comment