Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Rodes Rollins - Wes Come Back

Following the release of her debut single, "Young & Thriving", released back in late 2016, bicoastal singer/songwriter Rodes Rollins now returns today with her second offering called "Wes Come Back", which also serves as the second taste of her forthcoming debut EP, Young Adult, due out later this month. Weaving together emotive songwriting with spaghetti western undertones and psychedelic flair, the song tells the story of Wes, Rodes Rollins' young love who endured a lot of hardship throughout his life.

"For a long time, during our adolescent years, our lives were very much intertwined," Rollins says of Wes. "I think that’s why it’s so easy for me to write songs about him. There’s a lot of raw and real material for me to talk draw upon. I don’t feel that way about all of my songs. But when I write about him, I feel like I’m genuinely telling a story."

Listen to "Wes Come Back" below.



Premiere via Interview Magazine.

https://www.facebook.com/rodesrollins

No comments:

Post a Comment