Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Sorcha Richardson - Waking Life

Following her previous single "4AM" released earlier this summer, Dublin-born, Brooklyn-based singer/songwriter Sorcha Richardson now returns with perhaps her most personal offering to date called "Waking Life", an atmospheric electronic pop song which wonderfully showcases both her lyrical and vocal prowess. Produced by Alex Casnoff, the wistful ballad is anchored on gleaming synths and a slow-rolling beat that casts the perfect shadow for Richardson's youthful musings on a love that's nearly lost, as she fires off her rallying cry on the impassioned hook: "Please don't waste your voice on us, if all you hear is white noise, if you all you hear is white noise."

"'Waking Life' is a song I started writing around my last birthday," Sorcha says. "There's something about birthdays that force you to pause and reflect on your life and take stock of where you're at. Sometimes that's a really fun and fulfilling thing to do but sometimes it can feel really shitty. I've spent a lot of my life saying to myself that 'by the time I'm X years old, I'll have overcome that fear, I'll have worked out all those issues, I'll have mended that relationship.' This song is about getting to a point in life and suddenly realizing that your reality falls way short of the dream you were holding onto in your head. It's about having no idea how to reconcile the discrepancies between the two, but also wondering how or why you thought it would be different.​​​​​​"

Listen to "Waking Life" below.



"Waking Life" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Clash.

https://www.facebook.com/sorcharichardsonmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment