Thursday, February 22, 2018

Alex Hepburn - I Believe

London-based singer/songwriter Alex Hepburn has just unveiled the stunning black-and-white visuals for her new single, "I Believe". Written by Alex herself in collaboration with Chris Ballard (Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis) and produced by Craigie Dodds and Pete Boxta, who have previously written and produced for the likes of Gorillaz, Amy Winehouse, and A$AP Rocky, "I Believe" showcases Alex's smooth, soul-drenched vocals over a sample taken from Aretha Franklin's "People Get Ready".

This raw emotion and soul is evident in "I Believe", which Alex says is intended to be a feminist anthem. Taking influence from a number of strong women in music, including Adele, Etta James, and Mary J Blige, it seemed fitting to honour Aretha Franklin by using her sample for backing vocals; "Aretha is one of the most beautiful and strong female inspirations. I feel so blessed to have her vocal running through my track," says Alex.

"I Believe" also serves Alex's first full release in the UK, however she is no stranger to success internationally having already gone Platinum in France and Gold in Switzerland with her debut album, Together Alone. Alex's sophomore album is due out later this year.

Speaking on the track, Alex says:

"I put my heart and my soul into making my music as authentic and as true to me as possible. Unfortunately, I've lived through a lot of shit. I have a lot of baggage, but you have to find the positive in the situation you are in. My record and my words are always from the heart and I’m very, very proud of this record."

Watch the video for "I Believe" below.



"I Believe" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Complex.

https://www.facebook.com/ALEXHEPBURN.OFFICIAL

No comments:

Post a Comment