Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Chandler Juliet - tidal wave

Los Angeles-based indie pop singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Chandler Juliet returns today with her new single called "tidal wave", a minimal piece with soul-baring vulnerability and authenticity with melodies both calming and haunting at the same time. "tidal wave" follows Chandler's previous single "burning sage", which quickly sparked some serious buzz on Spotify debuting on 3 New Music Friday playlists, in the US, Denmark, and Iceland, and was added to Fresh Finds a week later. "tidal wave" also serves as the second single and the 'water' track taken from Chandler's forthcoming 4-song EP, elements, where each song is loosely themed around each element of fire, water, earth, and air. Much more calming and minimal than "burning sage" (the 'fire' element), "tidal wave" showcases Chandler's raw vocals, guitar playing, and gifted songwriting ability.

Speaking on the track, Chandler says:

"I wrote 'tidal wave' a month or so after I graduated college, where I really felt my adolescence was officially gone, and I felt more alone than ever. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, and while it's a huge blessing to have been raised here in the entertainment industry, it can be very isolating and lonely in this career-driven town. Everyone has to go through the different waves of life, both the ups AND the downs. Everything is temporary, and through writing this song I discovered that I have to learn to ride the wave that I’m on, because nothing lasts forever."

Chandler Juliet's elements EP is due out November 7th.

Listen to "tidal wave" below.



"tidal wave" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Substream Magazine.

http://www.ChandlerJuliet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment