Friday, May 24, 2019

LOVA - I Can Do Better

20-year-old Swedish pop artist Lova Alvilde, aka LOVA is back today with her empowered and enlightened new single called "I Can Do Better." In the track, LOVA expresses her frustration with today’s society and the idea that women are expected to live in the shadow of men. Backed by acoustic guitar and bombastic beats, her voice snaps from elastic verses into an engaging chant, where she confidently declares: "You’re the problem not my gender, anything you can do I can do better. Anywhere you can go I can go further."

Speaking on the track, LOVA says:

"'I Can Do Better' is mostly talking to the 'Male Boss' the 'Alpha man' and the society as a whole. With 'I Can Do Better' I'm saying that I’m tired of living in the shadow of men. I'm tired of men telling me what to do and how to do things. I don't need no man to fix things for me, talk on my behalf or to pay for my dinner. We can clearly take care of ourselves and we should get far more credit and recognition for our achievements and knowledge than what we do in today’s society."

"I Can Do Better" arrives as the perfect sister track to her previous single, "My Name Isn't", which was praised by everyone from The Line of Best Fit to Refinery29, and racked up close to 5 million Spotify streams in a few months' time. Her delivery gets even louder, and the lyrics cut even deeper on her forthcoming new EP which LOVA calls "a voice for all the strong but incredibly tired women, a call for the world’s attention and a call to all men."

Listen to "I Can Do Better" below.



"I Can Do Better" is available now on iTunes.

Follow LOVA on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment