Monday, July 8, 2019

Evie Irie - 5 Weeks in LA (EP)

Threading together fragments of personal emotion and expressive stories, 16-year-old Australian singer/songwriter Evie Irie shares her debut EP 5 Weeks in LA. The body of work, created during a 5 week stay in Los Angeles, demonstrates the memorable alternative soul-pop the young singer is crafting. Standout track "Bitter" features punctuated production, with underlying electronica tones and a hypnotic hook as she encourages, "Try not to get bitter." "Bitter" is only one of several anthemic tracks Irie has effortlessly written, as 5 Weeks in LA reveals her everlasting potential as an emerging pop figure.

Speaking on the track, Evie says:

"I'm singing to myself, because in the song I'm the reason why I'm being bitter, because I'm judging myself and I’m thinking everyone is judging me—when really I'm my own enemy. The song is me escaping that mindset."

Watch the video for "Bitter"and stream the full EP below.




5 Weeks in LA is available now on all digital platforms. Get it here.

Follow Evie Irie on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment