Monday, July 8, 2019

Sampa The Great - Final Form

Taking into stride her socially conscious message, Sampa the Great delivers her eloquent flows in "Final Form" acknowledging her identity through empowerment. The Zambian-born musician creates this composition as an ode to her heritage, in hopes of encouraging a message of awareness proclaiming, "I might final form in my melanin" along with chants of "Black Power". The video further extends her sonic capacity into a graceful visual filled with symbolism and dancing among Zambian streets. Sampa the Great continues to assert her position as a refined artist that brings recognition to her culture in the past and present contexts.

Speaking on the track, Sampa shares,

"True gold takes time and final form is about moving past negativity that doesn’t understand the growth process. I now recognise my in-between stage; sometimes it drops and sometimes it rises. I love that I get to level up each second. I might even final form tomorrow."

Watch the video for "Final Form" below.




"Final Form" is available now on all digital platforms. Get it here.

Follow Sampa the Great on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment