Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Rén with the Mane - Just Wanna Lie

Brooklyn-based singer/songwriter Renée Orshan, aka Rén with the Mane, is back today with a brand new single called "Just Wanna Lie", out now via French/Japanese record label and fashion brand, Kitsuné. "Just Wanna Lie" was produced in collaboration with longtime collaborator Gianluca "Luca" Buccellati (Yellerkin, Tei Shi, IYVES, etc) and follows Rén with the Mane's previously released indie-pop gems "Burnin" and "Fool For You".

Speaking on the track, Rén with the Mane explains:

"This song 'Just Wanna Lie' is very near and dear and has a complicated backstory. When I just started releasing music, things were going swimmingly. Incredible outlets like Pigeons and Planes (r.i.p.), Spotify's New Music Tuesday (now New Music Friday), etc. were all covering, but I suddenly fell very ill. Out of the clear blue sky I went to the doctors with a stomach ache and long story short I learned I had mother f*cking cancer. All of this beautiful music I created with my producer Luca Buccellati was going to be put on hold for a while.

It's really difficult to come back to music after stepping away from it for so long. Should I release it? Is this song still relevant/still me? 'Just Wanna Lie' always stuck. The male vocals in the track are Lucas (producer). We always managed to write unique material together and this song was one of them. There are a few other special tunes from this time period that I'd love to release, but this is our baby. Enjoy!
"

Listen to "Just Wanna Lie" below.




"Just Wanna Lie" is available now on all streaming platforms. Get it here.

Follow Rén with the Mane on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment