Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Slayyyter - Slayyyter (Mixtape)

St. Louis-based global pop sensation Catherine Slater, aka Slayyyter, who The Fader recently named "the future of pop music", has today (which also happens to be her 23rd birthday) released her self-titled debut mixtape, a 14-track collections of electro-infused bops that includes her previously released singles, "BFF", "Candy", "Daddy AF", and "Mine", the latter which reached number 38 on the iTunes pop chart in less than 24 hours after its release.

Speaking about her debut mixtape, Slayyyter says:

"I worked on the songs for this mixtape for almost a year since my first song 'BFF' came out in August 2018. It is definitely not an album but rather a collection of songs reminiscent of the mid-2000's, when pop culture had its biggest influence on me. I wanted to create a listening experience that makes you feel transported back to a Los Angeles night club in 2007. I was obviously a kid during that time, but 2007-2008 was when my obsession with pop music and celebrity culture began. I wasn't trying to do anything new or groundbreaking on this tape, but just wanted to put out a collection of fun throwback songs people can dance to and enjoy. I think they all have their own modern twist to them which makes things sound a bit more fresh. A lot of the new songs I wrote solo, so they are all based on true stories and real people in my life. I think it gives an insight to personal stories I can't always share on twitter. This tape was half recorded between my closet in St. Louis and a studio in Los Angeles, and the main producer who worked on it was Robokid, one of my closest friends. We had so much fun making these tracks and every producer that worked on this helped deliver a sound that I miss hearing on the radio so very much. I hope everyone has as much fun listening to it as we all did making it."

Slayyyter has just returned from an explosive debut headline tour that included two sold out shows in both New York City and in Los Angeles. In October, Slayyyter will support Charli XCX on two sold out dates in Toronto and DC.

Steam Slayyyter's debut mixtape in full below.




Slayyyter's debut mixtape is available now on all streaming platforms. Get it here.

Follow Slayyyter on Twitter & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment