Thursday, March 3, 2016

Phebe Starr - Feel My Love

Drawing comparisons to the likes of Lykki Li, Florence + the Machine, and fellow Aussie Sia, Sydney-born, Los Angeles-based electro-pop artist Phebe Starr first came to our attention back in 2012 with the release of her debut single, "Alone With You", which found placement in a Samsung commercial as well as the 2015 film A Million Happy Nows, Australia’s Dance Academy and the television series Offspring. Not to mention, also garnered the support of influential music blogs such as Neon Gold, Interview Magazine, Perez Hilton, Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar, among many others.

Over the last 12 months Phebe has been honing her craft and created a series of new music that she is now ready to share with the world. Having premiered earlier this week on Paste Magazine, Phebe's poignant new single "Feel My Love" was produced by Rob Ellmore (Selena Gomez, The Veronicas, Zedd) and serves as the first single to be taken from her forthcoming Chronicles EP that promises to feature five strong, theatrical tracks that will blow us away.

Speaking on the track, Phebe explains:

"I write all my songs from my personal experience. This song is me acknowledging my brokenness. It's my own self-acceptance with my inability to provide the needs of those around me. I am such a perfectionist. I want to love perfectly and be understood perfectly which leaves me disappointed most of the time. In a way it’s a really sad song, because it expresses the reality of imperfect love and the way we are conditioned to express love by our passed experiences. But I think there is something powerful about seeing the beauty of someone's expression even if its not 100 percent perfect. 'Feel My Love' is a song about freedom from the expectations to love perfectly and to be understood perfectly."

Listen to "Feel My Love" below.



Phebe Starr has also just been confirmed as one of this year's SXSW Showcasing Artists. See dates below.

3/18: Austin, TX @ Cheer Up Charlies (Reverb Connect Showcase)
3/19: Austin, TX @ TOMS Austin (TOMS Showcase)
3/19: Austin, TX @ Sounds Australia Showcase
More TBA.

"Feel My Love" will be available worldwide on March 11th.

https://www.facebook.com/phebestarrmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment