Friday, January 27, 2017

Ryder - Nirvana

Los Angeles-based indie-pop artist Ryder has today unveiled her new single called "Nirvana", which was produced by Phil Shaouy and Max Farrar and co-written with Trey Campbell, who has previously collaborated with Alison Wonderland, Bebe Rexha and Florrie. The high-pitched opening vocals of "Nirvana" set the stage for a slow, grooving and richly nuanced future pop track. Ryder's obviously organic vocal talent is explored deeply, and progressively thick reverb creates a swirling, misty atmosphere for the persuasively well chosen selection of synth sounds. Simple, unobtrusive melody sits at the right balance of catchiness and originality, and the metaphorical subject matter of the lyrics reflect the workings of a soul exploring the deeper meaning of the music.

Speaking on the track, Ryder says:

"The release is exciting for me because it feels like a door opening to more new things you will hear from me. I've grown a lot in the last year as an artist and creator; I can't wait to share that. I grew up around classical music and used to perform in choirs as a young kid, where I'd sing classical choral arrangements and folk music as well as a brief stint in opera. The hauntingly beautiful melodies and harmonic layers from those genres are inspiring motifs I try to constantly incorporate in my music wherever I can. ‘Nirvana’ to me is a blend of classical melodic moments with contemporary pop music."



"Nirvana" will be released on February 17th. Pre-order on iTunes.

Premiere via Billboard.

https://www.facebook.com/ThisisRyder

No comments:

Post a Comment