Friday, January 27, 2017

Satellite Mode - Secrets

New York City-based duo Satellite Mode, comprised of vocalist Jess Carvo and multi-instrumentalist/producer Alex Marko, were easily one of are favorite new acts of 2016, having released a steady stream of impecable indie pop gems throughout the year, including "Family", "Surface" and "Warm Fire Lightning", the latter which cracked the top 5 on Hype Machine. Today, the pair return with their first new offering of 2017 called "Secrets". "I wrote the hook lyrics in 2013, walking down 22nd street Manhattan while running an errand for my former day job," Jess recalls. "It was a picturesque spring day, one that highlighted how heavy I'd been feeling; how slow I'd been moving. I sang these words out loud on 5th ave and it brought some much needed levity. It stayed with me for years."

Listen to "Secrets" below.



"Secrets" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/satellitemode

No comments:

Post a Comment