Thursday, January 26, 2017

Violet Skies - Island

Following on from last year's release of her previous two singles, "One Day, Three Autumns" and "Jealousy", Welsh singer/songwriter Violet Skies makes a welcome return today with her new single called "Island", a profound and evocative pop ballad which also serves as the first track to be lifted from her forthcoming EP, This Was Us, due out later this year.

Speaking on track, Violet explains:

"This song was written as a way of trying to empathize with a loved one and what they were going through, written from their point of view, and never was intended to end up on my EP. I played it to a few people and got such great feedback that I decided I should finish it. As a result, and thanks to some not-so-nice times I went through during the making of the EP, the sentiment of the song now mean so much to me and here it is, the first single."

Listen to "Island" below.



"Island" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via PressPLAY OK.

https://www.facebook.com/iamvioletskies

No comments:

Post a Comment